We are excited to announce Round 4, The Arts & Cultural Program!
Governor Newsom recently signed into law a comprehensive $2 billion
package providing urgent relief for the small businesses of CA. A
portion of the package has been allocated for non-profit cultural
institutions. This is a new program and will have a separate application
process from previous rounds of the California Relief Grant.
We’ve put together some FAQs to help you navigate through the Arts &
What are the key dates for Round 4 (The Arts & Cultural Program)?
* Open: March 16, 2021
* Close: March 23, 2021
* Start of Selection Notification: TBD
It starts today!
Who qualifies for the Arts & Cultural Program (Round 4)?
The Arts & Cultural program is only available for certain eligible
nonprofit cultural institutions. “Eligible nonprofit cultural
institution” means a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit entity that
satisfies the criteria for a qualified small business but with no limitation on annual gross revenue.
* 453920 - Art Dealers
* 711110 - Theater Companies and Dinner Theaters
* 711120 - Dance Companies
* 711130 - Musical Groups and Artists
* 711190 - Other Performing Arts Companies
* 711310 - Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events with Facilities
* 711320 - Promoters of Performing Arts, Sports, and Similar Events without Facilities
* 711410 - Agents and Managers for Artists, Athletes, Entertainers, and Other Public Figures
* 711510 - Independent Artists, Writers, and Performers
* 712110 - Museums
* 712130 - Zoos and Botanical Gardens
* 712190 - Nature Parks & Other Similar Institutions
I am an eligible nonprofit cultural institution and have applied in
earlier rounds. Do I need to submit a new application?
YES. Nonprofit cultural institutions for the Arts & Cultural Program
will be required to complete a new application even if you already
applied for the COVID-19 Relief Grant Program; however, you will not be
awarded a grant if you have already received one.
Recap of FAQS:
* The Arts & Cultural Program has its own webpage:
* Applicants can apply for Round 4, download the Application
Certification for nonprofit cultural institutions, and review the
Program and Application Guide using the link above.
* Applications MUST be submitted there to be considered for the Arts &
Cultural Program (Round 4).
* Nonprofit cultural institutions are required to submit a new
application for the Arts & Cultural Program (Round 4), even if they have
already applied for the California Relief Grant. However, applicants
will not be considered if have already been awarded a grant from
previous funding rounds.
* There is no waitlist for Round 4. Applicants will be selected for the
grant or not selected.
* If an applicant is not selected in Round 4 but is eligible for the
California Relief Grant, they can submit a new application in Rounds 5
* There is a separate call center for the Art & Cultural Program (Round 4):
* Art & Cultural Program (Round 4)
* M-F: 7:00am – 7:00pm PST